Material Wrld is the premiere designer fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn gift cards upfront from top retailers and brands. Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, Huffington Post, Glamour, TechCrunch, and Fox News. We are currently headquartered in New York City’s NoMad neighborhood.
We are seeking entrepreneurial interns for Spring and Summer 2015 with a passion for operations and merchandising to support our fashion eCommerce business. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in startups and fashion, a great proactive attitude, and is excited to roll up his/her sleeves to support various needs for the company.
- Experience a fast growing start-up environment as a member of the Merchandising team
- Attend weekly team meeting to share learnings, recommendations, and goals
- Contribute to and improve your skills in merchandising
- Gain hands on knowledge of luxury apparel, handbag, and accessory attributes such as material and price
- Learn about unique features of popular luxury and contemporary brands and current fashion trends
- Work in an environment where your opinion matters and you can make a large impact
- Support end-to-end eCommerce fashion operations
- Conduct and share strategic research projects including market research and competitors’ analysis
- Assist merchandising team in social media and eCommerce content’s developing
- Responsibilities are not limited to above. We welcome your creative ideas and opinions!
- Strong passion for working at startup
- Basic knowledge of fashion brands
- An interest in online shopping, reselling, and fashion
- Proactive attitude and self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Superb attention to detail
As a minimum, we require a 18 hrs / week commitment for this unpaid internship (lunch provided). This is an excellent opportunity for a student who want to make a large impact at a dynamic fashion tech startup and gain valuable hands-on experience in online fashion.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jie at email@example.com with the subject line Fashion Merchandising Intern.