Material Wrld is the premiere designer fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn gift cards upfront from top retailers and brands. Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, Huffington Post, Glamour, TechCrunch, and Fox News. We are currently headquartered in New York City’s NoMad neighborhood.
We are seeking entrepreneurial interns for Spring and Summer 2015 who are passionate about photography and social media and excited to contribute to our growing business. The ideal candidate is experienced with fashion and product photography, has a great point of view to capture beautiful moments on camera, understands content production and retouching needs for various online channels, and is excited to roll up his/her sleeves to support various content needs for the company.
- Work closely with the creative director and have access to great visual resources
- Contribute to and improve your skills in social media marketing
- Experience a fast growing start-up environment as a member of the creative services team
- Work in an environment where your opinion matters and you can make a large impact
- Learn about unique features of popular luxury and contemporary brands and current fashion trends
- Curate and photograph creative images for social media
- Assist and plan social media content development
- Edit and retouch images for eCommerce and marketing campaign needs
- Photography and retouching skills
- Knowledge of Adobe software
- Knowledge with social media
- Entrepreneurial ambition
- Creative and detail oriented
- Highly enthusiastic and eager to learn and make a difference
As a minimum, we require a 18 hrs / week commitment for this unpaid internship (lunch provided). This is an excellent opportunity for students who want to make a large impact at a dynamic fashion tech startup and gain valuable hands-on experience in online fashion.
Please send your resume, Instagram account and photography portfolio to Rie at email@example.com with subject line Fashion Photography & Social Media Intern.