Monif C. Plus Sizes, a leading plus size brand that designs, manufacturers and retails our own brand of contemporary plus size apparel is currently seeking a creative, fashion forward professional to fill the position of Fashion Designer in our New York City office.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will create and design clothing and other apparel.
- Assists in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy of Monif C.
- Research and study fashion trends anticipating designs that will appeal to the Monif C consumer market
- Research seasonal trends, themes, color, raw materials and styling
- Sketch designs, select fabrics, embellishments, colors and provide instructions on how the clothing should be assembled
- Examine sample garments on and off models; then modify designs to achieve desired effects
- Liaise, build and maintain relationships with full package manufacturers
- Overseas travel for trade exhibitions, design research, and to supervise product development
- Collaborate and follow-up on deliverables with vendors and key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Marketing, and Product Development
- Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence
- BA Fashion Design and/or relevant work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years Design experience
- High contemporary fashion taste level and creative ability
- Working knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, contemporary textiles and pattern/fit.
- Knowledge of seasonal silhouette and color trends
- Ability to conduct color/print research
- Strong illustration/presentation skills with proficiencies in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong relationships with textile companies and manufacturers worldwide
- Proven ability to research and apply market/fashion trend information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, communication and written skills
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Fashion Designer.