Sean John, a privately held company created and owned by Sean “Diddy” Combs, made its fashion debut with a men’s sportswear collection in 1998. Since the inception of his label, Combs has been praised for his innovative approach to fashion. His efforts were recognized in 2004 when he was awarded the prestigious “Perry Ellis Menswear Designer of the Year Award” from the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
In recent years, Sean John has expanded to a full lifestyle brand with the inclusion of multiple product categories including sportswear, tailored suiting, dress shirts, ties, hosiery, eyewear, children's wear, fragrances, time pieces, outerwear, underwear, loungewear, cold weather accessories, headwear and footwear.
The International Licensing Manager manages and monitors the relationship of the brand with our licensing partners. The ideal candidate is currently working in the licensing function for an apparel or softline brand.
- Serve as a liaison between licensing partners and the corporate office;
- Compile data for global expansion of Sean Jean brand;
- Work with international partners to launch brand in various countries;
- Research new categories of business and potential licensing partners. Review findings with Vice President, Business Development.
- Work with each licensing partner to ensure annual sales growth.
- Monitor adherence to contractual obligations for each licensee.
- Compile and review retail selling reports for opportunities and trends. Review findings and corrective plans with Vice President, Business Development.
- Obtain and manage monthly and quarterly reports from all partners for internal review.
- Monitor product approval calendar and process.
- Partner with marketing/agency counterpart to ensure successful execution of marketing initiatives.
- Act as day to day contact for all assigned categories of business.
- Support Vice President, Business Development in key category management and new business launches.
- Coordinate with licensees to ensure approval of and adherence to brand standards on following and maintain libraries for: marketing collateral/co-op, in-store visuals, trade advertising, fixtures, premiums/GWPs, showrooms, door charts, packaging, line sheets and archival sample lines.
- Compile information for brand kits/presentations as needed.
- Prepare various departmental reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years experience as an international licensing coordinator.
- **Background in licensing for the apparel category is required.**
- Experience with planning/budgetary royalties and payments.
- Ability to multitask in a high pace, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Advance skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply, please send your resume to Rana at email@example.com with subject line International Licensing Manager.