mml pr is seeking an Assistant Publicist with at least 2 years of relevant agency experience to handle day-to-day press initiatives for all designated mml pr clients.
Duties includes (but not limited to):
- Assisting PR Director with any and all client related duties/tasks
- Creating pitches and assist in securing print, online and broadcast placements for clients
- Writing press releases
- Monthly and weekly client reports including, edit/credit report, weekly/monthly summation, inventories and public relations calendar
- Taking notes during conference calls and arranging conference calls
- Putting together and managing client databases
- Costing out and helping to execute client mailings
- Fielding all press/sample requests for clients
- Communicating any and all related initiatives with client on a day-to-day basis -- as directed
- Booking client related travel
- Tracking expenses and supporting publicist on budgets
- Keeping press kit materials current and updated
- Carry out any and all pr related initiatives deemed appropriate by president of mml and or Publicist
- Hours 8:30am to 6:00pm daily
- Longer hours required based on work load and client events
• At least 2 years relevant agency experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated by experience pitching and writing press releases
• Possess press contacts and the ability to actively create and maintain great industry contacts
• Excellent research ability and command of the internet
• Resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
• Able to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through
• Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
• Must be proficient in computer applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Photoshop. Cision experience preferred.
• Location: Santa Monica, CA
• Compensation: 30k-35k annual salary
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!
• Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.