Kara Ross, a New York City luxury accessories brand has an opening for a public relations and communications manager.
The Public Relations & Communications Manager has the responsibility for captivating and engaging current and new audiences with the Kara Ross New York luxury brand as well as other initiatives, which Kara Ross is involved. This role drives innovative PR and omni-channel communication strategies that propel luxury brand recognition and maximize the growth of our client base. The ideal candidate will be an individual who has experience with luxury brands and their storytelling and wants to be a part of helping shape the next chapter of our luxury brand.
Overall responsibilities include:
• Cultivating & maintaining relationships with key editors (both print and online), bloggers, stylists and their teams;
• Executing pitches to editors and bloggers on a regular basis, both short lead, long lead;
• Executing the writing of collateral materials, working with marketing to ensure consistent messaging;
• Developing and maintaining a pitch calendar and outreach strategy;
• Ensuring extraordinary media coverage that grows brand awareness;
• Maintain & track samples and loans to editors, stylists and celebrity VIPS.
• Work with marketing to develop strategic partnerships with brands, media outlets, bloggers and influencers to extend our reach and expand the value of our marketing spend;
• Work with marketing to develop systems to track and measure effectiveness of partnerships and public relations outreach, with the ultimate goal of driving sales.
• Plan events including press previews, product launches and store events as well as events associated with other Kara Ross initiatives.
• Work with marketing director to continually evaluate and assess the content on our social media channels to ensure most effective engagement to ultimately drive sales;
• Coordinate the social media calendar to reflect pitches and other strategies so there is consistency in Kara Ross messaging and voice.
• Create photos and posts for social media channels.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a comprehensive understanding of the fashion and luxury goods industry;
• Be a team-player;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels, clients, and customers;
• Organizes, clarifies and communicates complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately;
• Be flexible with the ability to thrive and adapt in an entrepreneurial environment;
• Be passionate about the digital space and emerging trends for fashion brands within digital media;
• Independently and simultaneously manage several projects under tight timelines;
• Be organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks/projects with the appropriate sense of urgency to impact business.
Essential experience and education:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications;
• 2+ years of directly related Public Relations experience;
• Experience with luxury goods and clientele;
• Hands-on, resourceful experience preferably with a small company where roles and responsibilities not “siloed”.
Qualified applicants, should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.