Kara Ross, a New York City luxury accessories brand has an opening for a junior handbag production manager for their corporate office.
As junior production manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s best interest is always kept in mind. You will work closely with the design and sales teams to fully execute the production of our handbag collections. This person should strive to increase efficiencies and continuously improve the production strategy, process, and management of priorities.
In a small company, you will have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the business. Your responsibilities will include multiple aspects of the design and development of the collection, costing, shipping & ticketing as well as general support across the company in areas related to handbags.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Create & maintain a production time and action calendar
- Execute pre-production research for trends and costing
- Create boards for material and collection review
- Maintain binders for specifications, materials and vendors
- Ensure on-time delivery, costing and consistency and overall product quality
- Communicate daily with all vendors/agents during all phases of the production process to ensure quality and maintain on time deliveries
- Maintain close communication with the design and sales team to update changes and deliveries.
- Issue and maintain system purchase orders and cost sheets
- Be proactive in working with management on issues that will impact production on a daily basis.
- Work to resolve and communicate production delays, and quality issues.
- Costing of collection
- Sample management & archiving
- Quality Control
- Organization of raw materials
- Processing of cargo and shipments for wholesale accounts
- Support sales teams where needed in relation to handbags
- Actively participate in brand initiatives
Desired Skills and ExperienceThe ideal candidate will have:
- A BA/BS Degree in related field with 1-3 years of experience in handbags and SLG production with knowledge of construction, material properties and manufacturing;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a collaborator who is a true team player;
- The ability to be a creative thinker and be solutions orientated;
- The ability to think independently, be adaptable, and know how to self-supervise;
- Possess strong skills in excel, word, powerpoint, adobe creative suite and experience with quickbooks;
- Have superb organization skills, with great attention to detail and have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment;
- Have superpower negotiating and reasoning skills;
- Possess the skills to think outside the box when it comes to solving problems;
- Communicate well both written and verbally with a positive attitude;
- Have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and easily adapt to change;
- Having an existing network of domestic and import suppliers and manufacturers is a plus.
Prior experience with handbags and/or SLGs is required, please do not apply if you do not have this experience.
To apply, please send your resume and cv to Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org.