Nylon Consulting is a boutique public relations firm based in Brooklyn, New York that works with luxury brands in the US, UK and Canada in the lifestyle industry with a strong focus on the interior design market. The company has collaborated on the Met Gala and with brands such as Anthropologie and has fashion focused projects launching in the fall.
We are looking for an Account Executive (AE) to work with our team that can help support the brand’s founder in furthering the communications goals for each client; executing on campaigns and helping formulate strategy while maintaining the day to day running of the office and overseeing interns.
The AE will be responsible for supporting the founder on each account; handling incoming requests, figuring out what stories are being worked on and looking for angles for client placement. The scope of work will include: writing pitches, handling incoming press requests, managing social media campaigns, assisting and executing on events and identifying appropriate editors for certain campaigns. Other duties include reporting, following up on pitches, campaign success tracking as well as assisting certain accounts on digital marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have worked at an agency or in house for a luxury brand in fashion or home. They will be looking to grow into a role that not only supports the founder on current client work but that develops their own ideas for ways to further each brand’s success; including but not limited to ideal partnerships, editorial outlets, influencer engagement and digital media. Contacts within the fashion and/or interiors industries are ideal, as are relationships within the digital and social space.
- Proven ability to think both strategically and creatively.
- Desire for autonomy – this is a small agency with a lot of work and we are looking for someone who thrives at owning projects and can take initiative to get the job done.
- Great writer – writing skills are mandatory for pitches and social media posting. You will need to understand angle, voice and perspective.
- Interest in or knowledge of home and/or fashion
- Comfortable with and active in the social media world.
To apply, please send your resume Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.