Santa Maria Novella is one of the world's oldest pharmacies. First founded in 1221 in Florence by the Dominican Friars who started making herbal remedies and potions to use in the monastery. Their reputation became world renowned and the pharmacy, sponsored by the Grand Duke of Tuscany, opened to the public in 1612.
We are looking to hire one to two Picker Packer Positions Full-time & Part-time. The warehouse associates perform receiving, stock keeping, picking, packing and shipping activities.
Job Duties Include:
- Responsible for accurately pulling product by type and quantity from stock locations using a pick ticket.
- Checking the pulled product against what is indicated on the ticket; neatly label any items requiring labels and pack items in the correct boxes to be shipped.
- Ship the product through the shipping system and verify all required documents are present.
- Coordinate shipments with UPS, FedEX, and freight forwarding services.
- Adjust to changes in the Shipping Department to meet daily requirements.
- Work cross functionally and collaborate with the Shipping Coordinator, Shipping Manager, Director of Production, and other members of the different teams depending on needs.
- Receive inventory against purchase order.
- Process returns.
- Learn internal system
- Keep track of shipping supplies
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions as well as, communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks: be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips and pick tickets to perform proper picking function.
- Basic computer skills
- Previous picking experience preferred. 1-2 years’ experience.
- Required to lift up to 50lbs routinely.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing and pulling of boxes, as well as frequent movement (walking) throughout the warehouse can be expected.