Santa Maria Novella is one of the world's oldest pharmacies. First founded in 1221 in Florence by the Dominican Friars who started making herbal remedies and potions to use in the monastery. Their reputation became world-renowned and the pharmacy, sponsored by the Grand Duke of Tuscany, opened to the public in 1612.
A 4 boutique apothecary (and growing!) is looking for a bookkeeper/accounting clerk full – time.
We're looking for someone to take over the majority of bookkeeping duties. This can include, but is not limited to, entering vendor invoices, recording daily sales (journal entries) for all locations, entering credit card expenses and tracking down information when needed, entering expense reports, account reconciliations, payroll, & possibly some work with inventory, COGS, sales tax, & payroll.
This position will report to the Controller (who reports to the CEO).
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years work experience in the accounting or business field
- A degree in Accounting or Business is helpful although not 100% required
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines when required
- Willingness to assist in various projects where needed
- Ability to work independently and seek help as needed
- Ideal candidate able to communicate with Italian counterpart.
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Salary commensurate with experience + company offers an excellent benefits package.