Seeking fall / winter interns who are passionate about fashion tech + wearables.
Third Wave Fashion is a fashion tech think tank that publishes a quarterly publication, Third Wave Magazine, runs a popular fashion tech blog, and works with large fashion brands and technology companies to help them find seamless ways to merge fashion with technology. Some of our past clients and partners are fashion brands like Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman, and Zappos, and technology companies like Cisco and Vodafone.
This internship will be a mix of writing + editing, styling + photoshoot production, and social media.
Depending on your interests, you might ::
- Help our blog editor find new and interesting fashion tech startups and wearable tech companies to cover
- Write articles on said companies
- Pitch ideas for other posts you'd like to write for the blog
- Work with our magazine editor on our quarterly print magazine
- Help style photoshoots, including the all-important shoot organization
- Work with our creative director to create branded content for social media
- Post to and interact on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Potentially assist with client work
- Attend fashion tech events
You should be ::
- Passionate and knowledgeable about fashion tech and / or wearables
- A total self starter–someone who works well without close supervision
- Goal-oriented–we want this internship to lead to great things for you (past interns now work at places like Harper's Bazaar, Tommy Hilfiger, and Todd Snyder)
- Reliable, organized, and detail oriented
- Experienced with social media, a solid writer, with a good eye
- A nice human
We're asking for 2-3 days a week of availability; the schedule is flexible. You'll need to attend team meetings in Brooklyn once a week, but can work from home on the other days. The is a small stipend, and college credits are available. The internship will run from late August through the end of December.
Send an email with links to your social media profiles and LinkedIn page to info (at) ThirdWaveFashion (dot) com. In the subject line, write the names of your three favorite fashion or tech websites. (We'll delete any emails that don't have that. Detail oriented, see?)