Vigoss USA has a great opportunity for a Footwear Designer. The designer will help create and design a competitive product line that supports the brands’ strategic objectives.
The role of Designer encompasses two primary functions:
- Creative Responsibilities and Product Development Management. Designers participate in a collaborative creative process through positive interaction with team members, understanding trend direction, and creating product concepts within designated parameters, as established by the Owner of the company.
- Designers organize details, create specifications to appropriate pricing targets, and manage the sampling process timelines and details through consistent and clear communication with the product execution team at factory locations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build line from conceptual sketches to final approved prototypes.
- Pull swipes/samples to illustrate line development.
- Sketch line based on the Line/Product Plan for each market.
- Shop for inspirational designs and competitive landscape each season
- Develop color palettes for each collection.
- Present line to sales based on direction from line plans.
- Communicate daily with overseas offices regarding the status of the product and approvals.
- Work closely with sales team to monitor sales trends.
- Communicate with sourcing to ensure costing goals are achieved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree in Design preferred
- 5 – 7 years experience in footwear design required
- Must be able to sketch technical footwear drawings.
- Familiarity with the development process and working with overseas factories and vendors.
- Possess a strong fashion sense and the ability to interpret trends.
- Effectively manage time and multi-task, pay strong attention to detail, and work within a team environment.
- Illustrator and Photoshop required
- Technically competent with software programs, Excel/Outlook
- Ability to prioritize/execute in a highly fluid environment
- Good written/oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal and listening skills
- Must be able to focus in open floor plan working environment
- Possible travel to Asia and Europe
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.