High-End Fashion Photography Agency, Wenzel & Co, is Hiring a Junior Agent in New York City
High-end photography agency specializing in fashion photography seeks a high level RAZOR sharp and HIGHLY motivated Junior Agent to work directly with owner/agent representing world- renowned photographers and stylists in all aspects of representation.
We seek someone who is accustomed to interacting with high-level artists, celebrities and high-end clients, is extremely organized, pleasant and respectful and can manage very intense shoot schedules.
There is a lot of liaising with a variety of people for shoots, so you must be able to comfortably navigate a variety of personalities and situations while always remaining precise and agreeable with the ability to power through these intense times.
This is a role that does require someone with a thick skin. However, it's a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists in this arena.
Must also be very flexible with your time, as you will be working nationally and internationally. Must be available weekends and after hours during high shoot season.
The position focuses primarily on the following ongoing objectives, but is not limited to these:
- Liaising with high-end clients including Vogue, Vogue Paris, Interview, Calvin Klein, Dior, Estee Lauder and numerous other fashion, beauty and fragrance clients.
- Leading and coordinating the pre-production and production phases of shoots with production companies, talent agencies, photography team, stylists team, hair and makeup agencies, studios, retouchers, and EQ companies.
- Communicating and coordinating information on a daily basis with the photographer's/stylist's studio in Europe and the US regarding schedule, hair, makeup and stylist options, travel arrangements, assistants, digital team, shoot locations, model/talent options and post-production schedules for upcoming shoots.
- Drawing up photographer's budgets in PDF format and managing and cost-controlling shoot budgets for both advertising and editorial shoots.
- Partially producing photo shoots, optioning hair, makeup, stylists, groomers, prop stylists and set designers as well as booking studios, and equipment, casting models, scheduling, hiring/negotiating rates with digital team and photo assistants.
- Obtaining estimates prior to shoots from production companies, set designers, digital services and other related vendors and controlling these.
- Arranging all travel for photographer and team to and from locations, including flights, hotel, car service and specialized services and coordinating these with photographer's studio in Europe.
- Coordination of post-production with client, retoucher and submitting all post deadlines to photographer's studio.
- Collecting published material as well as artwork from the retoucher's for website updates, internal database and upkeep of portfolios.
- Managing assistants and hiring of interns and coordinating internship projects for the agency.
- Adhering to all administrative as well as production deadlines during the course of business.
- Must be able to work in a very busy team environment.
- Minimum of three years' agency experience required.
- Proficient in WordPress, Photoshop, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
Pay: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send Cover Letters and Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Agent” as the Subject.
Start Date: September 2015