OW! is a dynamic boutique publicity/event firm based in downtown New York. We are currently looking for a Fall PR Intern and NYFW Production Interns.
Currently, OW!'s core focus is events and red carpet press. We have clients that are key fashion week sponsors, magazine brands, a nationally recognized life coach, retail, experts, and many high profile "per project" clients. During the last 17 NYFW seasons, we have consulted on 127 fashion shows and events and have similar work in September. We are looking for dedicated, grounded individuals who are looking to grow with us.
If you want to learn the "in’s and out’s" of public relations and events in a boutique setting, this opportunity is for you.
TIMING / HOURS:
We have two types of positions open:
- NYFW Production Internships – Full time, every day, beginning late August and ending September 21st, 2015. Focused on production, client shows and presentations through NYFW. Note, this is production focused only.
- PR Intern – A minimum of 2 days per week, beginning mid August and going to December 2015. Intern will be expected to pitch in on NYFW production clients as well and assist backstage at fashion shows and presentations.
- Only the top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Candidates in need of school credit are welcome.
- This is not a paid internship.
- Self-motivated and ability to work w/ minimal supervision at times
- Strong marketing and business sense
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Proficient in Mac/PC, Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, email, etc.
- Team Player
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Writing skills
- Must be VERY trustworthy and reliable
- Solid communications skills
- References are REQUIRED!
- Assisting with production and events
- Assisting with maintaining media database & Event GPS
- Office administrative work & occasional errands
- Assisting with all special projects and presentations
- Assisting with client reporting
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Publicity inside & out for entertainment, events and lifestyle
- Basic public relations knowledge and editorial introduction through the course of work
- Basic production skills and organizational skills for events
- Behind the scenes look at the New York Fashion industry and media events
- Opportunities to develop a public relations sensibility by sitting in on client and strategy meetings
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email Thomas at email@example.com with the word "intern" in the email title.