Rachel Comey is hiring a Production Patternmaker.
- Work with Production manager and First Pattern maker to provide production quality patterns
- Attend production fittings, apply changes to first pattern
- Manage pattern archive and assess when new patterns must be made according to changes in design
- Provide specs and grading instructions/ advise as necessary. Monitor Grade rules across styles.
- Adjust first pattern to maximize cutting/ sewing efficiency
- Manage schedule for production deadlines
- Analyze fabrications and provide separate patterns/ cutters musts as necessary for Marking
Experience and Attributes:
- Experience with denim preferred will spec denim/ correct patterns according to shrinkage
- Able to use Flat patterning and Draping techniques
- Technical design experience preferred
- Knowledge of patternmaking software a plus
- Must be organized and schedule oriented
- Able to Self manage
- Experience is preferred in multiple categories: Woven bottoms, tailoring, outerwear, denim, swimwear, soft woven etc.
- Must be process oriented and able to communicate through multiple departments
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.