Rachel Comey is hiring an Assistant Designer.
- Work with Designer to research seasonal mood/inspiration
- Sketch new styles as directed by Designer
- Continuously research seasonal trends, street style, denim, embellishment, trim and fabric manipulation
- Sketch continuously into trendy/commercial groups such as denim, shirting, knit etc.
- Build linesheet and update throughout the season
- Develop embellishment including in house embellishment swatches and communication with embroidery houses
- Develop novelty trims appropriate to the season. Place orders and communicate with trim vendors
- Communicate all necessary information to Production including but not limited to: trim sheets, embellishment pitches, embellishment layout on patterns etc.
- Assist in knitwear tech packs
- Spec all knit samples and update techpack files
Experience and Attributes:
- Experience is preferred in multiple categories: Wovens, Denim, Knitwear, Cut Sew Knit, Swim etc.
- Experience with Embroidery development a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Excel
- Must be organized and able to communicate through multiple departments
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.