More drama than the VMAs. More (publicity) stunts than Michael Bay's next blockbuster. More green juice than an untended swimming pool. THIS. IS. FASHION WEEK!
And, honestly, we can't wait for things to get started in full on Thursday. You don't get into the business of writing about fashion if you don't love the surge of adrenaline that comes with running from show to show, and the lack of sleep is a small price to pay for getting a first look at designers' new goods — in this case, the spring/summer 2016 collections. While we prepare for things to kick off in a few days (i.e. do laundry and stock up on wine), we've compiled a list of predictions for New York Fashion Week. Gods willing, maybe some of them will happen for real.
- North West cries while sitting front row, probably wearing custom Givenchy.
- Smart Water.
- Justin Bieber cries while sitting front row.
- The Weeknd performs at Alexander Wang's party.
- The Alexander Wang party is declared "over" a minute after Lily-Rose Depp leaves.
- Caitlyn Jenner hits the runway — perhaps for an iconic female designer like Diane Von Furstenberg.
- Gigi and Bella Hadid's younger brother, Anwar, appears in the front row next to Carine Roitfeld. His first editorial surfaces in CR Fashion Book two months later.
- Christine Ouzounian.
- Kaia Gerber walks Ralph Lauren.
- Taylor Swift performs "Style" while her entire lady crew walks a runway together.
- Zayn Malik walks Hood by Air. (At the very least, he sits front row.)
- Brooklyn Beckham walks Vfiles.
- Brooklyn Beckham walks Brooks Brothers.
- Llama chase.
SWINGING FOR THE FENCES
- The temperature is cool and brisk, and everyone gets to wear their fun new fall clothes.