The fashion marketing and management program at SCAD prepares students for cross-functional careers in a global marketplace that includes fashion, business and marketing sectors. SCAD Atlanta seeks a full-time associate chair in this department. The person in this position will join a highly creative and motivated team that is developing the next generation of fashion buyers, product developers, retail and wholesale merchandisers, and marketers.
This is your chance to work with talented students in a thriving metropolis that is home to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, design firms, fine art galleries and more.
- Day-to-day administration of the academic department
- Direct, coordinate and evaluate the fashion marketing and management department
- Develop curriculum
- Foster inter-departmental collaboration and continue to enhance the reputation of the SCAD fashion marketing and management department in academic and professional circles
- Oversee departmental budget, including its development and implementation
- Work with the admission department to recruit talented undergraduate and graduate students to SCAD and to the department
- Teach classes annually, as assigned
- Evaluate professors within the department through class observations, a review of student evaluations, a review of service and professional development and a review of contributions to the department’s goals
- Work with the associate dean to provide professional development opportunities for professors
- Develop, in consultation with the associate dean and department members, a strategic plan for the department that is consistent with School of Fashion’s goals and overall SCAD strategic plan
- M.B.A. or a terminal degree or its equivalent in fashion or a related field
- Experience in international, luxury or nontraditional fashion marketing and management
- Professional recognition with broad, documented experience in the fashion business
- Excellent skills in buying or merchandising, product development, trend forecasting, retailing and wholesaling, fashion marketing and management, visual merchandising and visual communications
- Working knowledge in the areas of branding, innovation, e-commerce, digital marketing and social media desired
- Proven leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Innovation, energy and personal and professional integrity
- Experience with curriculum development
- Ability to motivate students and faculty to think creatively and critically
- Ability to work with students and faculty of diverse backgrounds
- University-level teaching experience is preferred
- Leadership and supervisory experience in academia preferred
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions: http://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/11447
Note: Only complete packages will be considered. An unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, cover letter, and resume or CV are required. Should you have questions regarding your application package, you may submit an email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited university, offering more than 100 academic degree programs in 41 majors at locations in Atlanta and Savannah, Georgia; Hong Kong; Lacoste, France; and online via SCAD eLearning.
SCAD enrolls 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 100 countries. SCAD’s innovative curriculum is enhanced by advanced, professional-level technology, equipment and learning resources, as well as opportunities for internships, professional certifications and collaborative projects with corporate partners. In 2014, the prestigious Red Dot Design Rankings placed SCAD in the top ten universities in the Americas and Europe. Career preparation is woven into every fiber of the university, resulting in a superior alumni placement rate. In a survey of Spring 2014 SCAD graduates, 97 percent of respondents reported being employed, pursuing further education, or both, within 10 months of graduation.
For more information, visit scad.edu.