Miz Mooz is seeking a Footwear Production Assistant for the NYC office. This is an ideal opportunity for a motivated fashion oriented person to enter the industry and learn the business from the ground up. This position will be exposed to all facets of the business and will have the opportunity to learn and contribute in many different areas.
About Us: We’re a shoe company. We make really fun awesome shoes and we’re great at it. We have customers downtown, uptown, across town, in suburbs, towns and nooks throughout the U.S.…. as well as overseas in faraway lands. We are great at finding customers but as our business grows we need to make sure that our shoes continue to be gorgeous, fit right and are delivered from the factories on time. That’s where you come in!
About You: We are looking to hire a full time, you guessed it, awesome Production Assistant. So what does this fantastic employee look like? Well, looks are secondary but they will be responsible for the following:
- Corresponding with our international distributors. Get ready to hear funny terms like g’day, aboot, and speculoos and those are just the words that we understand!
- Purchase order placement with the factories and follow up communication with the factory agents
- Purchase order delivery management following a production schedule timeline
- Line sheet creation and upkeep
- Fit testing and corresponding follow up with designer and line builders
- Mastering our enterprise software system in order to efficiently process:
- Purchase Order creation and modification
- Delivery consolidation and schedule
- Delivery receiving
- Sample and showroom organization and maintenance. This is where you get to play with the really awesome shoes that you help make!
So we’re not asking you to save the world but what you would be doing is vital to the health and efficiency of our business. Long story short, you would be helping to make our shoes even more awesome to the people that love them!
If you think you are pretty swell, detail oriented, computer proficient (Microsoft office, strong typing skills, Quickbooks is a plus but not necessary) with a Bachelor’s Degree, great people skills and a great attitude then please send us your resume and a quick cover letter explaining why you want to work with us.
Compensation: Along with discounts on shoes, you will also be compensated at a very fair hourly rate.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.