Technical Designer / Product Development Manager
Highly regarded fashion agency that launches and manages emerging designer brands seeks full-time professional to assist in all aspects of technical design and product development.
- Responsible for managing technical design, product development and production
- Creating and updating techpacks and flat sketches in Illustrator and Excel
- Calculating costs and yields for all styles
- Communicating daily with domestic and overseas factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
- Communicating with mills and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of fabrics and trims
- Creating and updating spreadsheets that track all essential information for all styles
- Quality control of all merchandise
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- A bachelors degree from a United States apparel design program
- Technical design experience
- An understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- A minimum of 1 year technical design and/or experience with apparel production
- Both domestic and overseas production experience a big plus
- Contacts or the ability to source local and overseas apparel factories and suppliers a major plus
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands a plus
We offer a very fun, dynamic and challenging work environment. The position is full-time and includes benefits.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.