I’ll level with you right now: Just the thought of shopping during or around the holidays stresses me out. I easily succumb to the pressure to buy things just because they're newly discounted, and I often end up purchasing items that I don't really need, or that I won't want to wear for much longer than the remainder of the season.
So, before I put together the dream gift guide you see below, I thought long and hard about pieces that are missing from my closet, with the hope that some sort of Christmas miracle will occur and they'll magically appear there when I wake up that morning. Santa, if you're reading this, I've been super good this year. Promise.
1. "Dior So Real" sunglasses, $545, available at Barneys: These Dior frames have been going strong for a few seasons now, and despite the fact that they're pretty ubiquitous at this point, I still think about them often. The shape is so flattering.
2. Acne Studios oversized shearling jacket, $2,800, available at Net-a-Porter: Yes, I have put this coat on every Fashionista wish list I've made in recent memory, but it is not yet mine. I will likely keep including it until it is.
3. Gucci striped wool hat, $295, available at Gucci: I think it's safe to say everyone on our staff is wishing for a piece of the new Gucci this holiday, and this striped knit hat is a great place to start.
4. Self-Portrait dress, $485, available at Net-a-Porter: I have approximately one million weddings to attend in 2016, so now would be the perfect time for me to invest in a chic, well-made dress that I can wear to at least three or four of them.
5. Proenza Schouler heels, $1,065, available at Forward: I loved the Proenza Schouler resort collection, especially these lace-up heels with a multi-tone wooden heel. They're like a fiesta for your feet!
6. Oversized scarf, $95, available at The Arrivals: This might be the best blanket scarf I've ever come across. It's so huge that you can wrap it around yourself in a multitude of cozy ways, and it can double as an actual blanket if you're planning to travel a bunch during the winter.