We know it's hard to find the right gifts for your loved ones, so we've compiled a ton of fashion and beauty-focused gift guides tailored to a range of interests and budgets. Check out our latest below and find more right here.
There are wealthy people, sure, and then there and insanely, hilariously wealthy people, the likes of whom peruse the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book as a practical catalog filled with viable gifting options. For those select, monied humans, lavishness isn't simply a feeling you get when you put on a $25 sheet mask while wearing a robe — it's a way of everyday life. But come the holidays, what do you give that person who has everything and then some? We combed through the e-commerce world for 10 items you can gift that extremely rich friend, with prices ranging from a very reasonable $845 to a slightly more extreme $160,000. The only possible problem is that you may go broke in the process — but they're worth it, right?
1. Chanel Black/Gold Chain Perfume Necklace, $1,500, available at What Goes Around Comes Around.
Never again bemoan the fact that your necklaces aren't engineered to transport vials of your favorite perfume. This pendant is a real problem solver.
2. Heritage Auctions Special Collection 35cm Shiny Rose Shocking & Ultraviolet Porosus Crocodile Sellier Hermès Kelly With Gold Hardware, $160,000, available at Moda Operandi.
Go ahead, drop the same amount of cash on a handbag as you would on a five-bedroom, two-bath house in Bellmawr, N.J. It's all the same, anyway.
3. The Row Dusana Brushed Knit Cape, $4,450, available at Barneys New York.
Nothing screams "I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH, SO I MIGHT JUST BUY THIS ISLAND?!" better than a literal wool and cashmere cape, courtesy of The Row, obviously.
4. Zai Testa Skis, $4,900, available at Moda Operandi.
For the toast of Zermatt or Courchevel — if you can, in fact, ski on these things.
5. Smythson Grosvenor Leather Jewelry Box, $4,195, available at Net-a-Porter.
This leather jewelry box is built to keep your most precious jewels safe. It comes complete with pull-out drawers, hinged compartments and rows of ring cushions, and is lined in soft tarnish-resistant suede and secures with subtle locks.
6. Hataman Japanese Perfume Bottle, $1,110, available at Moda Operandi.
Here's a four-digit porcelain perfume bottle that features artwork hand-painted with traditional and intricate designs by Japanese artisans — because, as we all know, rich people need containers for their containers.
7. Dolce & Gabbana Lace Rose & Rhinestone Cat-Eye Sunglasses in $2,610, available at Neiman Marcus.
As seen in Dolce & Gabbana's larger-than-life fall 2016 eyewear campaign, these shades feature mixed rose and rhinestone details, as well as 100 perfect UVA/UVB protection. How's that for form and function?
8. Fred Leighton 20th Century 14-Karat White Gold Multi-Stone Charm Bracelet, $36,000, available at Net-a-Porter.
If you're not terrified of extremely expensive jewelry unclasping at a moment's notice, then — boy! — this is the charm bracelet for you. Crafted from 14-karat white gold, this piece contains charms from the Art Deco period that are embellished with 2.25-karats of diamonds, 4.00-karats of rubies and 1.25-karats of sapphires.
9. Christian Louboutin Gondoliere Orlato Low-Top Sneakers, $845, available at Barneys New York.
I presume these sneakers will leave behind a trail of glitter as you walk, which is pretty much the most gratuitously rich thing a person could do.
10. Shinola Runwell White Oak Wood Turntable, $2,500, available at Neiman Marcus.
With a two-speed belt-driven table, a low-friction tone arm and a Shinola-designed phono preamplifier, this isn't your grandmother's turntable. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" literally never sounded so good.
Please note: Occasionally, we use affiliate links on our site. This in no way affects our editorial decision-making.