Seriously, guys, is the line in the shitter or what?
Seriously, guys, is the line in the shitter or what?
Looks like there will be more Rach, Rodge, and baby Skye in your life after all. Stylist and designer Rachel Zoe spoke today at the Lucky FABB conference in NYC where she confirmed that The Rachel Zoe Project has been picked up by Bravo for a fifth season, SheFinds is reporting. This comes on the Read more →
The word is still out on whether Rachel Zoe will return to Bravo for another season of The Rachel Zoe Project, but her former assistant, stylist Brad Goreski (one of our fave fashion peeps), is back. His Bravo show It’s a Brad Brad World will return for a second season. Today Goreski tweeted: “Good Morning! Read more →
Brad Goreski‘s memoir Born to be Brad hit shelves yesterday (he’s doing a signing at 5pm tonight at the FIT Barnes & Noble) and you’re not alone in thinking there’s no way Brad is old enough to be writing his memoir. We thought the same thing until we read it–and as it turns out, Brad has lived a pretty full life–perhaps even two of them.
And as of today, that life is literally an open book–and a pretty juicy one at that. From his difficulties growing up gay in a small Canadian town, to a period of excessive partying, to being a 24-year-old Vogue intern, to becoming the assistant to a huge celebrity stylist and a reality TV star in one felll swoop, to how that job came to an end, he doesn’t really leave anything out. And he clears up a lot of those rumors.
We learned so much about the celebrity stylist-slash-reality television star that we almost didn’t know what to ask him the other day when we chatted on the phone. Of course, we managed to find some good stuff to talk about.
Click through for the 10 most interesting things we learned about the It’s a Brad, Brad World star from his shiny new book, followed by a Q+A in which he discusses making it in the industry, still feeling like an outsider, his backup dancer ambitions and how his boyfriend Gary is amazing–not that we didn’t already know that.
1. Why did Brad hire an assistant with no apparent styling experience or abilities? 2. Does Brad seem more mature and professional in this episode than any episode all season? Growth! 3. Is the surprise that it’s a wedding? Can you have a surprise wedding? 4. I love Megan Mullaly, but is she really a Read more →
1. Does Brad’s office look fairly identical to Rachel’s?
2. Why is such a significant portion of the episode dedicated to dog training? Brad really needs some styling jobs.
3. Does Shay Mitchell look like a tanner, girlier Shailene Woodley?
4. Is it not universally known that if you wear L.A.M.B., you are going to end up on a worst dressed list?
1. Can I please be transported to Italy in that weather right now?
2. I get that it can be harder to tell whether someone is gay or straight in Europe but why would a straight man be in a one bed hotel room with Brad Goreski?
3. What’s a meesh mosh?
4. Is Brad posing while twitpicing at the Neil Barrett show? We do not look that together while tweeting at fashion shows.
1. Did Lindsay need Brad to tell her that she’s wearing a bright color with a neutral? Didn’t she probably know what colors she was wearing?
2. Doesn’t Cleo kind of seem like a better and harder-working and more professional assistant than Brad’s actual assistant?
3. Is Andrea Olivieri wearing a gown at this photo shoot?
4. How is a look going to be “aspirational and approachable?” And how is an open cardigan with nothing underneath something that people would actually wear? Just wondering.
1. By mentioning that from time to time he and Demi Moore (Rachel’s client?) work together, did Brad just reveal the whole reason Rachel is no longer speaking to him?
2. Is this driving disaster what would happen if we ever tried to leave New York and move somewhere that requires driving? That does not look fun.
3. Is Ashton playing down his fashion savvy at this Fashism promo thing? You know he’s totally into his look.
4. Did you know nutria rat fur actually is eco-friendly (at least for a fur)?
1. Do all of Brad‘s confessional interview things have to end in a quippy one-liner?
2. Since Rachel always has to have an assistant with a big personality, does Brad have to have an assistant with a small personality?
3. Can Brad do lots of men’s styling all season? I think handsome male models and editors are what is missing from all other fashion reality shows.
4. Did he just say he wants people stiffing around him?
Can you believe this is all still going on? While Brad has publicly made his feelings about Rachel known numerous times in recent weeks while promoting his new Bravo show, It’s a Brad Brad World–he feels he handled his departure “with grace,” doesn’t feel there was any wrongdoing on his part, he didn’t get a thank you after he sent baby Zoe an Hermes gift–it’s been a while since Rachel’s weighed in. But, she sort of broke her silence Wednesday and made a bit of a dig at her former assistant, albeit in a rather passive way. She took to Twitter, where any celebrity worth their salt goes to air their grievances these days, and retweeted the following:
I am sure @mrbradgoreski show will fail but @rzrachelzoe will continue to be a star in business and personal life.