1. After Devyn’s panic attack, weren’t you scared the rest of the episode that at any moment she might stop breathing again?
2. And how awkward was her crying on Nigel Barker’s shoulder? Are the girls even close with him? Or was she just that overjoyed to be hugging Nigel Barker?
3. Am I the only one who really misses Stephanie?
4. Margeaux, what kind of pop quiz do you study for? …Isn’t that kind of the point of a pop quiz?
1. How hilarious was Stephanie’s reaction when she pulled a condom out of her bag in the first challenge? It must have been planned so that the shyest, most awkward girl got that item.
2. Why was Zi Lin the only one who thought to suck up to that lady from US Weekly?
3. Who are these people who had to come to this fake red carpet and act interested in the models?
4. Whoah. When did the teams become segregated by race?
If you haven’t heard, yet another modeling competition show called The Face is about to make its debut and it has a few big names behind it: ANTM cast-off Nigel Barker, Coco Rocha, Karolina Kurkova, and Naomi Campbell. Campbell hopped on a conference call with me and some other journalists to chat about her new gig. Yes, I got to listen to Naomi Campbell talk on the phone for an hour. It was pretty unreal.
Oxygen’s new model reality competition show The Face, starring Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova and Coco Rocha, doesn’t premiere until February–but these just-released promos give us a glimpse of what to expect from the show. Which is namely, drama. Or, should we say, “drama.”
Take a look. No phone throwing…yet.
Since, after 18 seasons, America’s Next Top Model is not exactly fresh anymore (or not until they bring in those new
bloggers judges), it makes sense that Oxygen, the show’s network, would want to broaden their horizons with a new modeling reality TV franchise. And, according to a press release we just received, they’ve already found their Tyra supermodel judge: None other than Naomi Campbell.
As much as we loved Brad’s cute little bowties and Jeremiah’s cute little tuchus lighting up our lives every week on The Rachel Zoe Project, things just weren’t quite the same following the untimely and unpleasant departure of Rachel’s first on-screen assistant, Taylor Jacobson. Even though she often came off as being a bit (to put it nicely) short, she certainly started out the series with arguably more stylist cred and experience than either of her successors. And everyone knows how frustrating it can be explaining the job you’ve been doing expertly for a while to a total newbie (well, sort of newbie…we love you Brad!).
But after several years away from an ever present camera crew, Taylor’s getting back into the reality tv game with a new series premiering soon on Oxygen called LA Style.