Karlie Kloss is at the top of her game: She’s beloved by designers; she’s a Vogue favorite; she holds lucrative deals with consumer giants like Victoria’s Secret; she co-hosts MTV’s House of Style with Joan Smalls; she shills her own vegan Karlie’s Kookies with Momofuku Milk Bar; and her haircut was just christened ‘The Karlie’ by the New York Times.
But there’s still a lot more 20-year-old Kloss hopes to accomplish in her career–and one of those things is going to Harvard.
Nigel Barker, who was on America’s Next Top Model for 17 seasons (seventeen–think about that, people) returns to reality tv with Oxygen’s The Face on February 12.
The fashion industry might not be shying away from television exposure now, but according to Barker, that wasn’t always the case.
We wish we were making this up, but no, this is, as far as we can tell, factual information.
Variety reports that Tyra Banks will star in and executive produce a sequel to 2000 made-for-TV movie Life Size, in which she starred alongside a post-Parent Trap/pre-Liz & Dick Lindsay Lohan. The sequel will air on Disney Channel. Banks also confirmed the news on Twitter in her own special way.
If you’re not familiar with Life Size, then you must have had better taste in television programming than I did in the early aughts. A quick synopsis, since you are obviously dying to know what this cinematic masterpiece is all about:
1. Holy hell, what kind of crazy is Tyra on this episode… and where can I get some?
2. Was this episode originally meant to coincide with Halloween or something?
3. Does this mean that none of the eliminated girls (except, tear… Victoria?) actually returned to their island home and packed their bags to leave Jamaica immediately after being eliminated? And the girls who never even made it to Jamaica got a free trip anyway?
1. What’s with these bad trip retrospectives? (At least the echo effect was a nice touch?)
2. Did the producers force Laura to cry on the phone to her mom in order to make up for the lack of Victoria?
3. Isn’t it unfair that these horses are getting flack just because of some rogue dick dolphin? Or are all the animals of Jamaica really ganging up to seek revenge on Tyra?
1. Forget about Leila’s walk and Kiara’s photos–does Kristin not realize that everyone watching ANTM can see her awful personality?
2. Did Kiara actually just ask the Jamaican male models if they’ve ever heard of Las Vegas? Cringe.
3. Is Tyra too godly to take the same flight as the girls?
4. Was Tyra’s impromptu lesson on smizing and tooching far more valuable to real life than anything I ever learned during all four years of earning my college degree?
5. Is anyone surprised that Victoria once participated in a Siamese ballet?
How awesome has it been having “the sexiest male supermodel in the world Rob Evans” in your living room for an hour every Friday while you’re watching America’s Next Top Model?
Tyra Banks gets it–and she’s decided to kick that awesomeness way, way up a notch. The CW announced last night that, along with renewing the ever-enduring reality franchise, the upcoming cycle will, for the first time ever, include male models. That’s right: Half of Cycle 20′s cast will be dudes.
Lately it seems like reunions are everywhere: the Beverly Hills gang in Old Navy commercials, Entertainment Weekly‘s Reunions Issue, the upcoming Arrested Development reunion (the only one that truly matters, let’s get real). Funnily enough, no one called us to see who we’d like to see reunited, so we thought we’d make our own list. We’re not ones to be left out of a trend after all! We put our thinking caps on to come up with ten fashion reunions we’d like to see here at Fashionista – we will even moderate. It’s guaranteed to be way chicer than your high school reunion.