We may be loathe to embrace runway collections that never
1. Let it all hang out. This season is all about layers -- as seen at Rag & Bone, Thom Browne and Richard Chai -- but preferably ones that fall at graduated lengths. Consider this the greenlight for wearing tops that extend below your jacket hem.
2. Go green; woodsy colors are in. We saw this same color dominate at Carlos Campos' presentation on Saturday. Let's call it
3. Consider quilted outerwear. See you, puffer.
4. Embrace velvet (again). It's been popping up everywhere in the women's collections, too. And while some are
5. A leather jacket and V-neck sweater are essential. Bomber or trench, take your pick. Leather remains a steadfast presence in the collections. Pair it with a dark cashmere V-neck -- no shirts underneath, please! -- and you're the embodiment of fall.