Less than a day after Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week head honcho Fern Mallis announced she was leaving to head up her own consulting firm, parent company IMG sent out an email blast detailing its plans for holding next season's shows at Lincoln Center.
While we couldn't spy anything groundbreaking in the release, here's what was of interest:
- The shows will be held September 9 to 16.
- There will be a roomy lobby for press and buyers to putz around in.
- They've dedicated space for video installations and other "alternative" presentations, as well as an outdoor space.
- Along with three runways, there will also be a room for live presentations and press conferences.
- Free Wifi for everyone! For iPhone users, that means no more dealing with AT&T's terrible service when trying to check your email.