Madewell quietly launched its e-commerce site on Friday, and while there's a brick-and-mortar store just around the corner from our Nolita office, it's always nice to peruse the goods via our Macs.
Here's what we love about the site:
1. "Jenna's Favorites" has been transformed into "Get the Goods." We love the feature on J.Crew's website called "Jenna's Favorites," where creative director Jenna Lyons cherry picks pieces from the current collection. Madewell does something similar with "Get the Goods," a collage of cute clothes and accessories mixed with inspirations for the line.
2. Bensimon's pop pink sneakers. Bensimon was already a favorite summer shoe of ours, but this highlighter pink color made us love it even more.
3. Brunch shorts. Any piece of clothing named after a meal is okay by us. These happen to be perfectly rumpled, which means they are indeed ideal for a lazy brunch.
4. The Denim Bar. Each style hangs on a virtual rack, and you can click through until you find your ideal fit. There's also a cute video featuring one of the brand's denim designers.
5. Looks We Love. Much likes its sister brand J.Crew, Madewell's got a host of incredible stylists on hand to make the clothes even more desirable. This virtual look book allows the user to shop each page. We're particularly keen on the layered lace t-shirt featured in Look #4.