The oil spill is ravaging our nation’s coast, but some of us are too far away to pitch in and help—at least physically. However, there are a few charitable companies who are raising money for the cause with their wares. Here, we round up the most stylish ways to pitch in. Of course, we advocate donating to the cause directly so the most is made of your money, but that doesn't mean you can't do this, too.
1. Mignon Faget Oyster Necklace We'd want this sleek, feminine necklace in our jewelry boxes even if the proceeds didn't benefit the cleanup... but we rest easier at night knowing that they do.
2. Save The Gulf Charm Delicate and subtle, this pelican charm is an environmentally-friendly addition to any existing charm bracelet.
3. Kenneth Cole Customizable Tee While the tee itself is nothing revolutionary, there are two very cool aspects of this shirt: One, it's customizable, and lets you choose from dozens of slogans.
Two, 100% of the proceeds are donated to cleaning up the gulf.
4. Dirty Coast BP Tee As with any cause, the BP disaster yielded no shortage of tee shirts. This one is our favorite, however--the re-imagining of the BP logo is striking and poignant, and lets everyone know where you stand.
Dirty Coast, $25
5. Fleur De Lis Pendant A unique, if subtle, way to show your support, this necklace (and everything in the One Nola shop, for that matter) benefits one in a rotation of coast-based charities.
One Nola, $40