It's our last "Ten Questions for The City" for the season, and it could be our last recap ever. If it is the last episode (maybe, hopefully, they've got one more season left), at least last night's season finale was action packed.
1. Who is going to be the face of Elle.com? Who? Who? I don't care but the show would really like us to. It was always going to be Olivia.
2. Did you want to feel kinda bad about yourself? Enter Karolina Kurkova dripping wet in an unzipped bathing suit. Thanks!
3. Does Olivia's voice become higher pitched in Japan? We're pretty she takes it up an octave when talking with Akiko Mori, Elle Japan's EIC. Also, is Olivia nicer in Japan? 4. What is Olivia's "special secret?" Akiko Mori says she's going to ask her about it at the Tibi launch party. What could it be? Maybe she's like V.I.C.I (that's Voice Input Child Idenicant") from Small Wonder and she's really a fembot with an access panel in her back.
5. Where is Roxy's backless jumpsuit from? Anyone? Bueller? I want it.
6. What is with Alison Brod and the pink? We get it--it's part of the brand (we've been to their offices and yes, they are really that pink and candy-filled)--but it seems excessive that Alison herself is decked in a pink strapless mini and takes notes on hot pink stickies.
7. Seth, we know you're gunning for more airtime (and we're not mad at you for it) but don't you know Erin is the queen of zingers? Don't even try to rival her. Seth offers, "Olivia in Japan seems a little bit like 'Lost in Translation.'" Erin, without missing a beat, counters, "Olivia in America seems like 'Lost in Translation.'" Burn.
8. Does Olivia have an especially small face? I never thought so, but the Japanese folks at the Tibi event sure did. Apparently, having a small face is a compliment in Japan. (Thanks for cluing me in readers!)
9. Why should you be afraid of Kelly Cutrone? Here's why: "I have better things to do than defending myself for getting fired...it makes you like like an idiot...I don't need to defend my agency against a girl who wears pink. It's just a waste of my time. Bye Whitney, leave my office now." To be fair, Kelly's trained Whitney well. She stood up pretty well against Kelly's devastating, shame-inducing, reaming. I've been chewed out by bosses before but I might have even cried after this one.
10. Nooo! Would Erin really leave Elle because of Olivia? After Olivia is announced as the "face of Elle.com" she rubs it in Erin's face, asking her "You ok with that?" Then Seth mutters something to Erin about "if you weren't thinking of leaving before you probably are now." Please don't go Erin.