The new Fashion's Night Out website launched today and it's pretty impressive. You can browse and search every New York event listing and even create your own itinerary.
You can also narrow the 51 pages of listings down by New York neighborhood, category (men, women, beauty) and/or specialty (block party, celebrity, food). But if you're looking for, say, ten or so events that are most likely worth checking out, look no further. We reviewed each and every page to bring you the ten FNO events we're most looking forward to.
1. Barneys Who: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Daphne Guinness, Julie Gilhart, Simon Doonan, Emily Current and Meritt Elliott, Jack and Lazaro from Proenza, the Toledos, the Mulleavys, Marcus and David from rag & bone, Jeff and Sam from Shipley & Halmos, Alexander Wang and more
2. Bergdorf Goodman Who: Jason Wu, Mary J. Blige, Nicole Richie, Simon Spurr, Thom Browne, Tom Ford, Victoria Beckham, BryanBoy, Catherine Malandrino, Hamish Bowles, Trish McEvoy, Patrick McMullan, Brian Atwood and more
What: Face-Off Makeup Artist Competition; designer dog fashion show; personal appearances and signings; retro-inspired rec room games; Karaoke party
3. Saks Fifth Avenue Who: Donna Karan, Chris Benz, Brian Reyes, Charlotte Ronson, Viktor & Rolf, Ed Westwick and more
What: fashion pictionary; Nintendo Wii with Benz; "Dancing With the Designers;" Viktor & Rolf art installation, darts
4. Opening Ceremony at the Ace Hotel Who: Participating brands include agnès b., Alexander Wang, Band of Outsiders, Deyrolle, Joseph Altuzarra, Keds, Ladurée, Patrik Ervell, Proenza Schouler, Rodarte, and more.
What: Opening Ceremony is staging a French-inspired flea market in the Ace Hotel. Brands will have their own booths with exclusive products and designer appearances. For example, Band of Outsiders will indulge shoppers in a special cookie made by Christina Tosi of Momofuku.
The Mercer St. neighbors are teaming up for a block party featuring food, drinks and a live DJ. At Rag & Bone, designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville will be on hand to help shoppers style their Fall looks. Special guests include Revlon's Global Artistic Director (and David's wife) Gucci Westman, who will perform mini-makeovers, and one of Revlon's Global Brand Ambassadors.
6. Dolce & Gabbana Who: Naomi Campbell
What: A celebration of the 25th anniversary of...Naomi Campbell's career with limited edition t-shirts that feature Naomi portrayed by great contemporary photographers
7. Andaz 5th Avenue Who: Jeffrey Steingarten (Vogue food critic), David Chang (celebrity chef)
What: a lavish evening of tastings and cooking with artisanal whiskeys and specialties from Momofuku. Yum.
8. Balenciaga Who: Karen Elson
What: US debut of the Cindy Sherman Untitled (Balenciaga) series; special live music performance by Karen Elson 9. What Goes Around Comes Around Who: Pamela Love, George McCracken, Melissa Akey, Beth Blake, Stefan Miljanic
What: custom vintage pieces for sale by the aforementioned designers 10. Vena Cava What: Fashion Outsiders Fashion's Night Out Party at Partners and Spade. Vena Cava and Subports collaborated to commission an array of people who have no connection to the fashion industry whatsoever to create one-of-a-kind handmade items. According to the official FNO website, Curated artisans include: a scientist, an Oklahoma farmer, Grandma Sherry, An MTA worker, Lisa's Dad, a policeman, a tree, people in prison, toddlers, and many more. (Has the Fashion's Night Out backlash already begun?)