It's been a big year for Fashionista. Our traffic increased by over 40%, we got a makeover, we traveled from Paris to Istanbul and back to cover the shows, we held our first panel discussion, and threw our first party. (More events and panels to come in 2011, we promise.)
Of course, none of what we've accomplished would have been possible without our devoted readers. From a sorority's ridiculous dress code to The City's demise, you kept us on our toes. Click through for our 10 biggest stories in 2010. Here's to a fantastic 2011, (and a better slideshow tool)!
We heart you, Lauren & Leah
1. ‘No Frumpy’: Cornell’s Pi Phi Forbids ‘Gross, Plastic Shizzz’ Britt was forwarded six pages worth of dress code requirements for Pi Phi’s Cornell chapter. She published them all. And sorority girls across the country commented. A lot.
2. FIRST LOOK: Zac Posen for Target Lookbook People were super-excited about Zac's Target collection. This story was shared on Facebook over 600 times.
3. Lanvin x H&M: The Full Collection Same goes for Alber's dalliance with Lanvin. This post was shared 798 times on Facebook.
4. Exclusive: Inside the New (and Very Naked) A&F Quarterly Bruce Weber's photos for Abercrombie & Fitch were just what we expected.
5. Check Out Nicole Richie's Marchesa Wedding Dress We unearthed an image of Richie's Grace Kelly-inspired wedding dress first.
6. The World's 10 Most Powerful Luxury Brands Millward Brown released its annual list of the world's most powerful luxury brands to us before anyone else.
7. This Norwegian One Piece Sweatsuit Has a Celeb Following The OnePiece is, as the name implies, a one piece sweatsuit type thing out of Norway. This story went viral.
8. World’s Top Fashion Schools: The Fashionista Ranking This list was so popular, we decided to expand it from five schools to 50 in December.
9. How Much Brands Pay for Celebs to Sit in Their Front Rows Readers were shocked over how much labels will pay to get an A-list star at their fashion week runway show.
10. The World's Most Influential Personal Style Bloggers From Tavi to Susie and back, personal style bloggers became even more of a big deal in 2010.