Since launching in the fall of 2004, Rachel Leigh, the former Yves Saint Laurent publicist’s eponymous line of jewelry has expanded to include distribution in over 500 stores worldwide and features in countless top fashion publications.
Presenting three collections annually, Rachel Leigh produces vintage-inspired pieces that are characteristically timeless while still incorporating the dominant trends to walk to the runway. In an era of fast-fashion and disposable consumption, Rachel Leigh’s approach is keepsake-meets-contemporary. The focus is to create statement jewelry that women aren’t afraid to wear – intrigue through design while avoiding intimidation. This is the charm of costume jewelry - not necessarily that you throw it away after one season because you didn’t pay a fine-jewelry price tag, but that you are able to appreciate the fine details, invest in multiple pieces, and save them for years to come.
Rachel Leigh is now looking to hire an incredibly talented person to help build a larger online presence to better engage customers and create amazing experiences with the brand.
Online Experience It is our singular mission to deliver each and every customer an unexpectedly positive and luxurious experience from the time they first learn of the brand to the moment they enter our website to the time they receive and wear our jewelry. We have set up our service policies to be as customer-friendly as possible, and strongly believe that customer loyalty will be the foundation for our company. We want to create personal interactions with our customers through social media and our website and a pleasant shopping experience when purchasing online. Your Role Make customers love Rachel Leigh and make RachelLeigh.com a destination website. You will be in charge of managing the entire website experience from the point that a customer hears about us on Facebook or Twitter until the point at which the customer buys her 10th piece of jewelry from us five years from now, and beyond.
You will oversee our social media strategy, manage our website and direct online advertising initiatives.
Reporting directly to the founder of the company, you will be an integral member of the organization and will touch virtually every function of Rachel Leigh.
This will not be a 9 to 5 job. It will require tremendous enthusiasm, creativity and motivation. It will be unbelievably fast-paced and exciting. It will also be exceptionally entrepreneurial and fun.
Here is what we expect you might initially do at Rachel Leigh, but the possibilities for evolution and growth of your role are endless:
•You will oversee the creation of content for the website and online marketing initiatives. It will be your responsibility to maintain the integrity of the brand and create special moments for existing and potential customers through photography, video, graphics and text. You will own the schedule for home page, product page and all other web page updates.
• You will constantly improve the user experience on our website. You will analyze key website metrics and develop creative solutions to enhance website usability, reduce purchasing barriers and increase conversion rates.
• You will work with the founder to revamp our social media strategy, understanding how to best engage customers with platforms like Twitter, Facebook and blogs.
• You will work with the marketing and PR team to identify ways to increase traffic to the website.
• You will be an expert on our products and develop a deep understanding of our customers’ psyches, needs and concerns. You will learn how to adjust our website, marketing materials and interactions to ensure the customer always has a very positive and seamless experience.
• You will analyze and segment our customer base, to develop innovative, individualized promotions to increase customer engagement, reward our best customers and enhance overall customer loyalty.
• You will become an expert on our order management and CRM platform. You will improve our order processes to facilitate superior customer service. You will develop strategies and policies for following up with customers post-sale to ensure that they love their jewelry, to encourage them to purchase additional pieces and to be our biggest advocates.
• You will help define our processes for answering customer email and phone requests, draft all customer communications (web copy, emails, personal letters, etc), evolve our customer service guidebook and help us build a certification system to help other team members excel.
• You will set the strategy for a consistent language and visual identity for all interactions with the customer – website, Facebook, Twitter, blog, product descriptions, mailings, email blasts, contests, etc.
•You will represent the voice of customers to our management team and guide strategic thinking around our customer service, returns and operational policies. The Ideal Candidate:
• You are creative and have an eye for design. You have a keen interest in fashion and technology.
• You are charismatic, and are instantly likeable to a wide variety of people. You have a high degree of extroversion, a quick wit and a balanced mix of self-confidence and humility.
• You are extremely motivated, take initiative without being told, and think of yourself as “entrepreneurial”. You excel in situations where you are given little direction and have minimal supervision.
• You are analytical and use data to inform decision-making whenever possible.
• You are exceptionally detail-oriented and organized. You have a great memory and never let anything slip through the cracks.
• You are a creative problem solver. You have the ability to look at a complex situation with a high degree of uncertainty and develop an innovative, repeatable process to simplify it.
• You are a perfectionist, always striving to improve your own performance and that of those around you.
Past Experience We want to hire really talented and motivated people who we admire, and create opportunities for them in which they can flourish and grow. We don’t want to narrow down who can apply for this role, but do have some ideas on what an ideal candidate's experience might be:
• You have worked for a leading internet, apparel/accessories or retail company. You’ve seen how other companies have built successful online presences.
• You have a deep understanding of social media, user-interface and online marketing. You are familiar with SEO, PPC, email marketing, etc. and can devise and implement innovative strategies on your own.
• You have creative experience, such as writing for print publications/blogs, creating web layouts, and/or managing photo shoots. How to Apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a few words on why you are the right person to run on-line experience. Please add the title: “Director of Online Experience” in the subject line of the email.
High potential candidates will have a call with the founder of the company. If it goes well, we’ll invite you to meet the rest of the team in person and chat in more depth.
Location: New York