We covered the men's collections in Paris for the first time this season. Here's the finest of what we saw.
1. Louis Vuitton’s nylon anorak--f*cking deadly. If the French had a Mossad, or CIA, this is what they would wear for those cold December missions in the Marais.
2. Hermes scarves get a little twisted.
3. Huge but not overbearing, classic but contemporary, Acne scores with this duffel coat.
4. A three-button tweed connecting at the breast-plate? You go Thom Browne!
5. The saucy tricorne hats from Agnès b.
6. This wool pairing from Viktor & Rolf; at once snuggly and serious.
7. Acne’s sweatshirts overlaying their neat oxfords. The curve on the shirt’s front panel paired with the sweater’s crew neck—it’s Bruno Mathsson, and a college campus and a dinner date, at once.
8. Crisp double-breasted jacket from Viktor & Rolf; this is why the world’s worst criminals get tried in Holland.
9. I hate cargoes, and trim, and I still found Yohji Yamamoto’s play on the grey flannel suit for Y-3 downright charming.
10. Lanvin’s fearless medieval coat.
11. Kris Van Assche’s Amish hats for Dior Homme, reclaiming austere style.