Who What Wear is looking for motivated candidates who have a strong interest in fashion and trends, as well as a wide knowledge of social networking platforms, online stores, and celebrities and tastemakers. We are looking for individuals who are efficient and proactive with exceptional taste. Please be prepared to work hard, wear many different hats, and put in long hours in this amazing hands-on environment. Our unique internship program offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of this online fashion magazine and media company.
Job Responsibilities: · Daily viral marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and posting to various blog sites)
· Assisting the editorial team in sleuthing out alternative, shopable product for stories as well as general research
· Maintaining the organization of the Market Room and assisting the fashion department with the trafficking of clothing samples
· Participating in group pitch sessions to help shape WWW’s content
· Visiting showrooms and PR firms to pick up and return samples
· Helping with day-to-day Who What Wear operations including administrative duties and errands School credit is offered, but not required.
Candidates should able to commit to 2-3 full days a week for a minimum of six months. Who What Wear is located in Los Angeles and candidates must currently be in school and have a car. Interested parties must submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Editorial Internship.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS INTERN
• Provide administrative support to the COO, such as scheduling, answering phones, handling expenses and other misc. duties as needed
• Handle personal errands for the COO
• Assist in the facilitation of business development projects
• Assist with market Research projects
• Help develop presentation materials and management reports
• Must be extremely resourceful with a can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment
• Must have the ability to work calmly under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
• Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment
• Must be flexible and have the ability to take direction well, but also have the ability to work proactively and provide self-direction
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills (qualitative and quantitative)
• Must be comfortable using Excel, Powerpoint and MS Word
• Must be Internet savvy - Must be proficient in the use of the Internet as a research tool and have a strong interest in online advertising, social media and new business models as applied to the internet
• Interest and knowledge of the fashion industry preferred (brands, designers, business models)
• Basic HTML and Photoshop skills a plus
Applicants must reside in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area. This is an unpaid position with the potential to turn into a full-time paid position.
• Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BUS DEV & OPERATIONS INTERN”