Tennis is a very fashionable sport. Some evidence: the Williams sisters, who keep the court colorful wearing anything but tennis whites; Maria Sharapova and her collection for Cole Haan; Bethanie Mattek-Sands and the Alex Noble-designed tennis ball jacket she wore to Wimbledon this week; the British Fashion Council dressed Wimbledon players for an event celebrating the tournament's 125th; Anna Wintour's superfandom (anything for Roger)--and the list could go on.
So as Wimbledon draws to a close, Nielsen/E-Poll N-Scores took a poll to rank the top most stylish tennis players. Neilson determined the rankings by polling 1,100 respondents and looking at those players who were described as "stylish" by respondents as well as factoring in something called an "N-Score." Here's the methodology:
"Using the combined research expertise of Nielsen and E-Poll Market Research, N-Score is an in-depth look at a sports figure’s overall endorsement potential, factoring in the attributes and demographic measures that align brands with endorsers. N-Score Local provides this information for athletes within their team’s local market as well as nationwide. Players are defined as Hall of Fame (receiving an N-Score of 200+), Superstar (100 to 199), MVP (50 to 99), All Star (30 to 49) and Starter (fewer than 30)."
So who got the highest N-Score? It wasn't a Williams sister. In fact, only one Williams sister just barely made the list. See the surprising top 10 list, with pics of each player on the court and on the red carpet:
**All photos: Getty
10. Serena Williams N-Score: 131; % Stylish: 17
9. Agnieszka Radwanska N-Score: 4; % Stylish: 19
8. Roger Federer N-Score: 57; % Stylish: 20
7. Mike Bryan (his twin didn't make the cut) N-Score: 3; % Stylish: 21
6. Gael Monfils N-Score: 2; % Stylish: 22
5. Anna Kournikova N-Score: 42; % Stylish: 22
4. Elena Dementieva N-Score: 9; % Stylish: 25
3. Nicole Vaidisova N-Score: 5; % Stylish: 25
2. Maria Sharapova N-Score: 43; % Stylish: 27
1. Caroline Wozniacki N-Score: 7: % Stylish: 30