We will admit it: we still love Project Runway. From Heidi's short skirts and occasional whacked-out hairstyles to the ever-entertaining Michael Kors, it sucks us in every season (even though we pretend to be too cool for it.) But the main reason we keep coming back? Tim Gunn. We can listen to that man and his spectacular vocabulary forever. We think he is a nice person generally, but he can definitely have a sharp tongue and often has no filter when he speaks. We support this wholeheartedly.
To mark the beginning of Project Runway's ninth season, we bring you a round-up of Tim's best quotes ever, in no particular order (And no, we did not include, "Make it work.")
1) On Hillary Clinton, recently: "I think she's confused about her gender." He also said she had "Jersey Shore style."
2) On Taylor Momsen: "She was pathetic, she couldn't remember her lines, and she didn't even have that many. I thought to myself 'why are we all being held hostage by this brat?'"
3) On Isaac Mizrahi: "He really is a terrible, terrible, terrible person."
4) On library books: "Call me a schoolmarm, but few things make me angrier than people not taking good care of library materials."
5) On his voice: "There would be times when I would be watching Season 2 shows and I would hear my voice offscreen and I would think, is that me or Santino?”
6) On Anna Wintour: "It’s insane that people don’t call her out on the things she does. Is it fear? I was certainly afraid of her. When her office called me, I thought I’d have to go into the witness protection program."
7) On majeggings: "Men don't wear jeggings!"
8) On a contestant's choice of material: "What are you doing with those animal wooly balls?"
9) On the type of guest to invite to a party: "I also like having at least one person around who is widely disliked among your crowd of lovely people. You never know who's going to get along with whom, but you do know people need someone to gossip about later, and you don't want it to be you."
10) On the Kardashians' line for Bebe: “I just think the Kardashians have an absence of taste and I don’t think that that should be perpetuated. I’m sorry I’m sounding like an old farty, snob, but it bothers me.”
Hopefully you'll be watching along with us. Join us on Friday mornings as we gently poke fun in our "Ten Questions for Project Runway" series.