We were so inspired by the celebrity tanning spectrum spectacle in London--which Pippa and her "royal mocha" tan won by a landslide--that we decided to do our own US celebrity version. Read on for a full analysis of the celebs and their level of bronze glow. Whose tan do you aspire to?
1) Anne Hathaway: She is our baseline pale celebrity. Her skin actually looks perfect, and how cute is that suit? We just hope she's covered in a thick layer of SPF.
2) Lindsay Lohan: This picture was taken recently. Traditionally Lindsay falls on the darker, orange-toned end of the spectrum. We like this paler version, with her freckles showing through.
3) Lauren Conrad: Tasteful and sun-kissed, obvs.
4) Kim Kardashian: Kim's Armenian heritage probably contributes to her tan, and it's a lovely hue.
5) Blake Lively: Older pictures of Blake show her at Anne levels of paleness. In addition to her hair color changes, she appears to have embraced the airbrush tan. (Photo: Getty)
6) Cameron Diaz: In addition to always having the consummate California girl tan, Cam has also gotten really ripped lately.
7) Jennifer Aniston: Jen's tan fluctuates between latte and mocha, but she's been going darker lately. We were expecting her to be somewhere in the middle of the spectrum as she's always just the perfect not-too-much of anything, but girl has been spending time in the sun.
8) Jersey Shore Girls: Duh. They might not G and L but they definitely T (that was a bad GTL reference...).