1. The theme of the cycle is “over the top"--isn’t that redundant?
2. Bianca signed with Ford and Lisa recorded an album? Strange things no one knew. Also, why is Lisa here? Isn’t she like, 40?
3. How did Tyra manage to get such great prizes? Italian Vogue spread (one online and one in the mag), a spread in Beauty in Vogue, an Express campaign plus the ush Covergirl contract and agency gig. Damn.
4. Is it fair to say Jay Manuel has been doing the blue hair thing since way before it was cool?
5. Brittany had plastic surgery (this could be a statement)?
6. Uhhh Isis is killin’ it—do mine eyes see the next Lea T?
7. 23 minutes in and Shannon is already crying?!?
8. What, exactly, qualifies Nicki Minaj to be a modeling judge? (Update: Nicki Minaj actually has decent commentary. Better than André Leon Talley's sometimes.)
9. Nigel Barker. You just get sexier with age. When will you be mine? Also do you have new hair?
10. Does anyone else feel like this is just a spectacle? The photo shoot and judging were way too short. Although it is nice that they’re actually taking fans’ opinions into consideration, why was this public judging-cum-runway show necessary?