The 16th annual Victoria's Secret fashion show taped Wednesday night at the 26th St. Armory (it airs November 29 on CBS) and as usual, it was glittery, sexy and totally over-the-top. The $12 million show handily rivaled last night's celeb-filled Prince-headlined Versace for H&M extravaganza, though there were some repeat performances. Nicki Minaj filled in for Cee Lo at Victoria's Secret, but we're not mad at getting to take in back-to-back Nicki Minaj performances.
The lingerie and "wings" get crazier every year. The show was split into five themed sections: 1) Ballet--real ballet dancers opened the show, models wore ribbons laced up their stilettos as if they were toe shoes 2) "Super Angels"--capes, bubble wings, super sexy super heros 3) "Passion"--ornate, Spanish bullfighter-inspired bling 4) "Angels Aquatic"--angels on the half shell, under the sea 5) "I put a spell on you"--vampy, dark 6) "Club Pink"--models-as-disco balls. Some highlights: spinning umbrellas in lieu of wings, neon light-up wings, and ass cheeks a plenty thanks to very revealing g-strings.
Maroon 5, Cee Lo Green and Kanye West were the billed musical acts. As we mentioned, Nicki Minaj replaced Cee Lo, and for the highlight of the evening, Jay-Z made a surprise appearance alongside West for one song. Jay and Ye got the entire high-heeled designer-clad crowd up off their seats. It was awesome. More awesome? A very pregnant Beyonce in a drapey white gown was cheering her man on in the front row.
There was a lot to love from last night's show so we've boiled it down to the 10 best moments, from Karlie Kloss' anticipated debut turn on the VS catwalk (yes, she was just as good as you expected her to be), to Chanel Iman's bare bum (hello!), to the surprise appearance of NYC's royal couple, Jay and Bey.
Here they are.
1. Jay-Z's surprise performance with Kanye. Beyonce cheering Jay on in the front row, mouthing every lyric.
2. Karlie Kloss makes her highly anticipated Victoria's Secret debut and she does not disappoint. Girl has legs for MILES.
3. Chanel Iman's light up wings. Oh, and bare ass.
4. Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine walks hand in hand down the runway with his girlfriend, model Anne Vyalitsyna, during his performance. Awwww.
5. Somehow, Izabel Goulart made these umbrellas look sexy.
6. Miranda Kerr wears the $2.5 million bra inside a glittery sea shell.
7. Alessandra Ambrosio does her best first position. Nice port de bras.
8. Nicki Minaj being Nicki Minaj. She also had her own harem of male dancers.
9. Alessandra Ambrosio makes walking with 30 pounds of wings look easy.
10. They put a disco ball on Karlie Kloss' ass. Why?