Emerging Blue is a creative services agency representing the hottest full-time and freelance creative talent in fashion, advertising, and entertainment. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Boston, you can be sure that our talent is your strength.
The Merchandise Planner creates and manages sales and inventory plans at the department/class/style level for one or more departments. These sales and inventory plans support the Merchandising strategies, ensuring opportunity is maximized and financial plans are achieved.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the financial success of one or more departments by managing sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory turn goals to meet or exceed financial objectives
- Develop and build department & class level plans that support division strategy
- Develop and build pre-season style/color plans
- Develop and communicate comprehensive department financial and product strategies.
- Responsible for open-to-buy activities at department/class level
- Forecast in-season sales and inventory and develop strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Strategize, recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies to maximize sales and margin opportunity.
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for Basics, if necessary for department.
- Drive sales and margin performance thru effective promotional activity
- Perform pre-season, in-season and post-season analysis to identify opportunities for future seasons.
- Proactively identify business opportunities and communicate appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to influence and effectively negotiate with cross functional business partners
- Anticipate risks and develop plans and processes to reduce exposure
- Ability to evaluate business trends and draw actionable conclusions to maximize opportunity
- Set priorities and clear objectives to ensure that the team goals and objectives are meet and/or exceeded
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Ability to identify and communicate the opportunity to improve process
- Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and members of the leadership team.
- Demonstrated capability with MS Excel. And have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to track performance and measure results
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in retail math
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of retail planning or inventory management experience preferred
- Specialty retail experience preferred
If you are interested in this job please click on the following link to apply: http://emergingblue.com/merchandise-planner-full-time-san-francisco/