The Met Ball is this Monday, and obviously we can't wait to see who will be in attendance and what everyone will be wearing to fashion prom.
Excitement reached a fever pitch at last night's fancy Balmain dinner, where we got to rub shoulders with the label's young designer Oliver Rousteing, Anthony Vaccarello, and models Arizona Muse, Constance Jablonksi, Kasia Struss and Karlie Kloss. Of course, all anyone could talk about was Monday's big event--though both Vaccarello and Rousteing said they were "nervous" to walk the red carpet amidst such a media frenzy.
We got the dish on who Rousteing and Vaccarello will be taking and what they'll be wearing, but we're not the only ones who've been doing our detective work: Over the past few days, lots of tidbits have been filtering in about the big event.
So, without further ado, here is everything we know (so far) about the Met Ball: • Balmain's Oliver Rousteing is taking Joan Smalls. As for what she'll be wearing, Rousteing tells me that, after a long fitting they decided they would choose the dress on the day of the event. "I'll let her choose, because everything looks good on her anyway," he said. "So it's a surprise for me too [what she'll be wearing]!" The designer, himself, says he "will wear a bow." [ed. note: We're pretty sure the adorable Parisian means bow-tie.] "Which is a big statement for me, I think," he continued. "I think I have not worn one since I was four years old." Aw.
• Anthony Vaccarello is taking Anja Rubik, who will no doubt look stunning in his slit-to-there dresses.
• Erdem Moralioglu is taking Arizona Muse, whose hair, btw, is much better IRL.
• Rachel Zoe and Rodger Berman are taking Karolina Kurkova
• Thakoon Panichgul is taking Christina Ricci
• After all that brouhaha yesterday, it turns out that (shocker!) Kate Upton did not buy her own Met ticket after all. Yeah, models don't generally buy their own tickets to the Met ball. According to Elle.com, the model-of-the-moment will be attending the big event on the arm of Michael Kors. Jessica Alba, Hillary Swank and Liu Wen will be there in Kors as well.
• Donna Karan's date is surprisingly flat--literally. The designer will be taking a cartoon as her date to the Met Ball: Cartoon supermodel Polly Bean, who is the creation of famed cartoonist Neil Kerber, will wear a custom "curve-enhancing" red dress and will sit top table with Donna Karan and her guests, according to a press release. "To be invited to attend the Met Ball as one of Donna Karan's special guests and to be dressed by such an icon (like myself)....what more could any girl want?" Bean told us. "I did a fitting with DKNY PR GIRL at the Donna Karan headquarters and we connected straight away...This is just what tends to happen when two incredible personalities meet up....it's chemistry!" We can't wait to see how this turns out!
• Derek Lam is taking Katharina Harf, cofounder and executive vice president of DKMS Americas, an organization that hosts the largest bone-marrow-donor center in the world. Harf is apparently nine months pregnant--so let's just hope she doesn't go into labor over all the sartorial excitement at the Met Ball!
• Coco Rocha is bucking the trend of going as a designer's date and will instead, be on the arm of hubby James Cochran, according to the Post's Alexa magazine. Rocha will wear a vintage Givenchy dress that she bought a couple of months ago. "This is actually the first time I’ve ever worn something that wasn’t fitted by the designer himself,” she told Alexa. “I did take the vintage Givenchy piece to my friend Zac Posen and to Vogue and they all agreed that it fits perfectly, no need for tailoring!" As for her beauty look, Rocha says it will be "all about Schiaparelli pink."
• It's not just models and designers who will be suiting up for the big event: Star ballplayers like Victor Cruz, Tim Tebow, Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony, are all expected to attend, according to Alexa.
• Lauren Santo Domingo will wear an Oscar de la Renta dress, according to Moda Operandi Magazine.
• Heidi Klum will wear a "very very lacy and very very see-through" Escada dress, according to Hello.
• Alexander Wang is taking Azealia Banks, who will also perform.
• The Proenza Schouler boys are taking Isabel Lucas, according to The Cut.
• The Vogue editors will all wear pink.
Click through for photos from last night's Balmain dinner, courtesy of KCD.