Well, it’s finally here. Sort of.
The offical release date is November 20, but Vogue has a sneak peek in its November issue, which is online now here.
It’s only five pages long, but it totally whet our appetite for the rest of her story. In the meantime, here are 10 amazing things we learned about Grace and her life, from that time she found a condom on her pillow to her thoughts on being called ‘cod’ as a young model.
• On her nickname (this requires Grace's own words):
I think it was the photographer John Cowan who nicknamed me “the Cod.” You know, Jean Shrimpton was known as “the Shrimp,” so therefore. . . . I thought it was quite charming at the time because usually only a model as iconic as Shrimpton was given a nickname, although I must say that “shrimp” sounds a lot better than “cod.”
• Grace contends that she was doing Twiggy eyelashes ("twiglets") long before Twiggy was.
• When she first started modeling she wasn't good at walking the runway, taking a coat off, and smiling all at the same time--no coordination.
• She was always number nine on top 10 lists rather than close to the top because she was more "avant-garde and fashionable rather than pretty."
• Grace found out her fiance had been having an affair when he got a call about her untimely death in a car accident--while Grace was in bed with him.
See, that's only five pages! We can't wait to read the rest.