We bet you own and use at least one heat styler, like a blow dryer or flat iron. (Or like us, maybe you use both--eek!--on a daily basis.) While they're amazing tools, they can really wreak havoc on your hair. Luckily there are ways you can prevent damage, and if you do go overboard, L'Oreal Paris has tons of products to get your hair back in J.Lo shape (see above) fast.
Check out our tips for preventing your hair from getting fried by heat styling tools, as well as how to treat your frizzled locks.
• We know it's hard, but try to refrain from using a blow dryer, flat iron, or curling iron every single day. Give your poor hair a break once in a while!
• If you must use heat styling products, don't use the hottest settings. Rule of thumb: If it's too hot to touch, it's too hot for your hair.
• Pre-treat hair before heat styling with Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight Creme from L'Oreal Paris' new Advanced Hair Care line. This nourishing cream will soothe your strands, and provides heat protection up to 450 degrees, ensuring you a soft, frizz-free 'do.
• Dry oils are miracle products for hair, and L'Oreal Paris' new Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil is an amazing multi-tasker. Use it as a leave-it treatment to repair damage, or use it as a styling aid to tame flyaways and give hair a healthy shine.
• Shampoo and conditioner can strip or dull your hair. If you're dueling damage, use L'Oreal Paris' Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo and Conditioner--split ends, weakness, and dullness will be banished.