We're right in the thick of fashion month, and none of us here at Fashionista are sleeping very much. So this seemed like a good time to share the many tricks we've picked up for looking bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when we're decidedly...not. Sure, under eye concealer is one way to perk your face up and hide the fact that you've been up all night squinting at runway pictures. But there are a lot of small things you can do, too. Read on for our best wake-up-your-face secrets.
• Mascara is a no-brainer for opening up the eyes, but do it strategically. Apply mascara to your upper lashes as usual. Then, instead of skipping lower lash mascara (or caking it on the bottom lashes, which can make dark circles look more prominent), just put a tiny bit on the outside lower lashes. It visually opens the eye. TRY: Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Volume + Length Mascara
• Speaking of eyes, how you apply eye liner can make all the difference. Apply liner very close to the upper lash line. In addition to mascara, it will help to make the eyes seem more open. Then use a flesh-toned or white liner on the lower water line and inner corner of the eyes to brighten them up. TRY: Revlon Photo Ready Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener
• Blemishes--which commonly pop up when you're tired, stressed, and have nothing but coffee for all three meals--can make your face look haggard. The secret to keeping those little buggers hidden? Apply a concealer that matches your skin tone, then apply powder on top of that to set it. It will not budge all day. TRY: Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder
• Don't cake on foundation. That's only going to draw attention to the fact that you're wearing makeup, which will then make people wonder what you're trying to hide. Use a really sheer, blendable formula, and apply with a sponge only where you need it. Blend out well so that the foundation "disappears" before the jawline. TRY: Revlon Nearly Naked Makeup
• After applying all your makeup, give yourself a spritz with your favorite facial spray or toner. It will set your makeup and keep your skin looking dewy.
And don't forget to cover your mouth when you yawn.
Presented by Revlon