Today, APC held a Spring 2014 presentation in its Left Bank studio. Per usual, founder and creative director Jean Touitou walked editors through the collection—once in English, and then in French. He had plenty to say about the clothes, but more to say about life.
Read on for my favorite Touitou quotes of the day, and to browse the full collection.
1. “Fashion has killed rock and contemporary art.”
2. “Fashion is not just about celebrity and finance. It’s also about proportion and styling.”
3. “I don’t get the point of extreme sexiness. Except for prostitution.”
4. “Women are supposed to seduce other women, not men, with their clothes.”
5. “If one person wants to make out with another person, that [first] person knows what to do. It doesn’t have anything to do with the clothes.”
6. “Women overdress in a sexy way for weddings.”
7. “This group [of outfits] is about Hamptons wives ditched by their cokehead, traitor husbands.”
8. “I wish someday that men will wear jumpsuits.”
9. “I’ve seen girls wearing high heels on the beach. They were probably Russians.”
10. “It’s good that [the models at the presentation] are not too skinny.”