One of our favorite style icons, Alexa Chung, turns the big 3-0 today. (We know, we kinda can't believe it either.)
Chung has become a front row staple, has inspired several of us to chop our bangs, and helped us get beyond our fear of overalls and peter pan collars. So what better day than her birthday to celebrate all our favorite things about her style?
Here, we've picked 10 things that have made us think, "WWACW?" (What would Alexa Chung wear, obvi).
1. She dresses with a sense of wit: While she definitely has a signature style and gravitates toward basic colors like camel, navy and black, Alexa mixes in quirky pieces that show she doesn't take herself too seriously.
2. She never met a collar she didn't like: From peter pan collars to standard issue button downs, Alexa turns a prim and proper collar into something much cooler.
3. She's unfussy with her beauty routine: Even if she's wearing Chanel couture, she sticks with what works for her in terms of hair and makeup. Sometimes she'll add a red lip or a top knot, but for the most part, it's undone hair and a flick of black eyeliner.
4. She helped make wearing flats stylish: We all love a good heel, but sometimes comfort is just as important as looking good.
5. Her bangs are kind of perfect: At least one of us chopped bangs because of Alexa. (I'm not saying it was me, but...yes, it was me.) She still looks beautiful with them pulled back, but there's just something about her bangs that we adore.
6. She likes cat-themed accessories as much as we do: And we really love cats, so that's high praise.
7. She knows how to style a pair of overalls: There was once a time that overalls weren't stylish. Dark days. Thankfully Alexa was around to help usher overalls back into our wardrobes.
8. She supports British brands: She's a major style icon, so it's nice to see her support designers from her home country. Plus, her support of Mulberry earned Alexa a bag named after her.
9. She's got great festival style: Maybe it's because she once dated Arctic Monkeys Alex Turner, but Alexa knows how to keep her style in tact when hitting up a fest.
10. She's not afraid to repeat items: Even though we're sure she gets sent amazing freebies on the reg, we've still spotted Alexa wearing some of the same items over and over again. Like this coat, which we're currently coveting.
11. She's friends with everyone we want to be friends with: Alright, so this has nothing to do with her style. But people like Daisy Lowe, BBC Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw, and Derek Blasberg all love Alexa. (Plus she reportedly once went on a date with Harry Styles -- my heart explodes just thinking about it.)
We hope those pals are helping Alexa celebrate a great 30th birthday!