I'm pretty sure my parents and my boyfriend have already picked out what they're planning on giving me for Christmas -- I've only been sending my mom "WANT: XMAS" emails since early November -- but there's still a few things I'm particularly pining for. (Mom, Dad, I hope you're reading this.) They are:
1. Iris & Ink turtleneck sweater, $295, available at theoutnet.com. This is the cream-colored cable knit turtleneck of my dreams. It's thick, warm, not cheap-looking and, miraculously, doesn't make me look like I put on 10 pounds. (This is only sort of true. I found if I wear a black peacoat over it I look a little slimmer. On its own I look about as puffy as you'd expect.) Anyways, I like it, and I want to wear it all through the miserable months of January and February.
2. Tory Burch scarf, $109.20, available at shopbop.com. This scarf first caught my eye at Tory Burch's Elizabeth Street store this September -- and then I really fell in love when I tried it on with a trench coat and a pair of yellow satin heels (the same hue as the J.Crew ones, pictured). Now that it's on sale for $109.20 (with the extra 20% off discount code listed at the top of the site) I couldn't resist -- I went ahead and bought it while writing this post. CHECK.
3. A Good School by Richard Yates, $11.28, available at amazon.com. Over the last 12 months I read every single Richard Yates novel -- except this one, described as "a spare and autumnal novel about a New England prep school." This would be a good gift to get me: It's not expensive, and it's not clothes, which many people in my life think I have enough of. It might even distract me from shopping post-Christmas sales.
4. J.Crew glitter-embellished satin pumps, $300, available at net-a-porter.com. This summer, I bought these pumps (sans the glitter) in stiletto form and, much as I loved the color, couldn't handle the pain (and walking restrictions) imposed by the stilettos. These pumps solve all my problems. Plus they have glitter. So maybe someone would photograph me in them at Fashion Week?
5. Lulu Frost holiday earrings, $120, available at lulufrost.com. If I only choose one thing on this list, it would be these Lulu Frost earrings. They are just so cool and unlike anything else I've come across this season. They're also casual enough in appearance that I could wear them during the day as well as for evening. So really, they're practical. And I would love them.
6. Hermes Elixir des Merveilles Eau de Parfum Spray, $149, available at sephora.com. This and Hermes' Voyage were my go-to fragrances this year: sweet, luxurious but not too feminine. I'm now running low on both, and would be delighted to find either in my stocking.