It's here -- it's actually happening -- it's spring!
And while Al Roker may say we're due for a few more blustery cold days, here at Fashionista we're in full-on spring mode. The mere though of slipping out of our dreaded coats -- the ones we were so obsessed with in September -- into something lighter and wispier feels so good right now.
So it goes without saying that this train of thought has brought us to shopping. From strappy sandals to bright makeup, these are the pieces we can't wait to wear when the sun finally comes out.
At least, until September rolls back around...
Lauren Indvik, Editor in Chief
1. Burberry long cotton sateen coat, $2,194 at Burberry: After five years, my beloved J.Crew trench is finally ready to hit the donation pile, and so my big investment this spring is going to be outerwear. I'm dreaming of this elaborate lace overlay piece from Burberry, which is already sold out almost everywhere. Chances are, though, I'll settle for something I can comfortably wear to brunch (i.e., that's a little more casual) -- one of Burberry's long heritage trenches in honey-colored cotton, or perhaps navy sateen.
2. Tory Burch printed heart scarf, $155 at Tory Burch: No one could need a new scarf less than me, but I can't resist the warm, vivid hues on this one from Tory Burch. I'm planning to style it a la the Burberry fall 2014 runway: with a tan coat and threaded through a woven belt.
3. Tory Burch lace skirt, $495 at Tory Burch: I'm really into lace this season, which I'll dress down with a denim jacket and sneakers. The texture on this Tory Burch one is lovely.
4. Mansur Gavriel black bucket bag, $495, available nowhere. Like the rest of the fashion industry, I've fallen hard for Mansur Gavriel's line of totes -- and, since I tried on Alyssa's bucket bag, for that too. I'm using our guide to get my hands on a black one with blush ("ballerina") interior this spring.
5. Bare Minerals lipstick in bright melon, $18 at Sephora: This coral lipstick packs a punch, but isn't so bright that it overwhelms your face.
6. Marni leather banded sandals, $330 at Saks Fifth Avenue: A simple black sandal has been on my wish list since last summer, and this one fits the bill. I've been tempted by Birkenstocks but they don't quite work on me -- this is a sleeker alternative.
Alyssa Vingan, Senior Editor
1. Aviators, $160 at ray-ban.com: I've seen these on one million editors and bloggers, but that's only made me want them even more.
2. T by Alexander Wang romper, $485 at Net-a-Porter: I live in rompers during the summer, and this T by Alexander Wang version is a playful look for day, but sexy enough to wear out at night.
3. Talia V-Neck sweater, $395 at rag-bone.com: It's the sweater of the season for a reason.
4. Adidas superstar shoes, $75 at Adidas: I am going to hop on the tennis sneaker bandwagon this season, and my gateway pair will be these classic white Superstars.
5. T by Alexander Wang striped swimsuit, $365 at Net-a-Porter: More stripes! Are you surprised? I got very into one-piece swimsuits last summer, and I would love to get my hands on this one before I have to hit the pool parties at Coachella.
6. Moto rip jeans, $70 at Topshop: I've been hunting for the perfectly ripped pair of jeans for a while now, and these light-wash skinnies from Topshop seem like they'll only get better with age.
Dhani Mau, Senior Editor
1. Swimsuit, $88 at J.Crew: I really like the idea of a strapless navy one-piece. I must have seen Sofia Coppola wearing one or something. This would look super chic with the black sunnies.
2. Lily Ashwell "Dungarees," $228 at Steven Alan: I am still not over shortalls or shorteralls, or whatever they're called. These feel timeless.
3. Super Sunglasses, $189 at Shopbop: I really want a pair of standby, classic, flattering black (frames and lenses) sunglasses. Is anything chicer?
4. Skirt, $138 at The Reformation: I somehow still don't have a simple, goes-with-everything black skirt. This one, with flirty little slits, seems to fit the bill. Spring is apparently looking very dark for me.
5. Woman by Common Projects Slide Sandal, $390 at La Garconne: Possibly the most minimalist shoe to ever exist. And so easy to put on! Need.
6. Marni sandals, $820 at Net-a-Porter: I love how understated these are, but then the gold makes them feel real fancy.
Nora Crotty, Associate Editor
1. "Diamonds in the Sky" Dress in Tea, $128 at Free People: My grammy told me I could pick out one item of clothing from Free Peeps as a prezzie, and this is the one I chose. The back is really beautiful and delicate, which means I probably can't wear a bra with it... but if Lindsay Lohan can do it, I can -- right? ...Right?
2. Pendleton check book wallet in Santa Fe Stripe, $77.99 at Handbags.com: I just feel like this wallet would bring a small smile to my face every time I take it out of my bag -- maybe enough to make me forget I'm spending too much money. For a second, anyway.
3. Embroidery thread, $6.99 for 30 at Discount School Supply: At summer camp, the more colors of embroidery thread you had, the cooler you were. Apparently I'm living in the past. But I found a really cute (and easy) heart-patterned friendship bracelet how-to online, so I want to make a bunch of those and maybe stack 'em.
4. Colorful waterproof eyeliner in Animal Instinct, $12 at Sephora: I'm not easily persuaded away from my beloved black liner, but this one's subtle gold sparkle looks amazing and much less harsh on tan skin. And it's waterproof!
5. Frye Tracy leather backpack, $498 at Urban Outfitters: Spring means picnics! My favorite. Maybe with all the Fluffernutters I'll be eating, I'll actually be able to afford this pretty backpack.
6. Dolce Vita Parkland flats, $129 at Anthropologie: I need some neutral flats that won't fall flat (ha! HA!) in the style dept. I like these ones.
Tyler McCall, Assistant Editor
1. Cynthia Rowley Censored t-shirt, $150 at Cynthia Rowley: This shirt combines my two favorite things: comfort and swearing (sorry, mom).
2. Rose gold Ballerina Collar necklace, $380 at Catbird: I've long been looking for the perfect, everyday necklace, and I love the delicate but strong lines on this one.
3. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino, $210 for 1.7oz at Nordstrom: Every year when it starts getting warmer, I tell myself that I'm going to buy a bottle of this amazing Tom Ford private blend. Every year, I chicken out (or, more accurately, my wallet chickens out). NOT THIS YEAR, MR. FORD!
4. Aquazzura Belgravia flat, $650 at Barneys New York: Despite being from Florida, I'm not much of a sandals person. I love the ease of flats, and the laces make this pair feel sexy and almost sandal-like.
5. Imitation leather shorts, $17.95 at H&M: I feel like these would look more pulled-together than denim shorts, but thanks to an elastic waistband and a dirt-cheap price, are just as easy to wear.
6. NARS Sheer Lipstick in Dolce Vita, $26 at Sephora: I'm really into the idea of a sheer wash of pink and nothing else, makeup wise, when the weather finally gets warmer. I want as little as possible between me and that wonderful sun.
7. Pastel Hair Chalk, $12 at Sephora: I'm not sure if I'm bold enough to do hair chalk, but since it washes out, the investment is minimal.
Eliza Brooke, Editorial Assistant
1. Topshop Moto Stripe Denim Dress, $80 at Topshop: This is the kind of dress you wear on a date in the spring. With its off-the-shoulder neckline, it's a little more romantic than I'm used to, but the slim shape and denim stripes keep things from getting overly girly.
2. Everlane Boyfriend Sweatshirt, $40 at Everlane: As the good people of the Fashionista office know, I love me an Everlane sweatshirt. Gray is my way of upgrading for spring.
3. Robert Clergerie Frazzia Platform, $490 at Creatures of Comfort: These are the grown-up version of my favorite pair of platforms from my tweenage years (except those had a dragonfly embroidered on them, which was very chic). If I could afford these, I would 100% buy, buy, buy.
4. Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Lavender, $32 at Sephora: I've been craving two qualities in eyeshadow recently: Pretty, pastel colors and shine. This metallic eyeshadow is the best of both worlds and, when applied to an otherwise bare face, ends up looking cool rather than crazed.
5. Jo Malone Rain and Angelica Cologne, $120 at Nordstrom: I get obsessed with perfumes basically every other month, but this one. Smells. So. Good. Gender neutral, lush and utterly addictive.
Lauren Sherman, Editor at Large
1. Jacquemus "Jane Birkin" dress, $396.50 at Farfetch: Jacquemus is sort of the "JW Anderson of France" -- at least according to my knowledgeable British friend -- and I was sad to miss his PFW show. But luckily I stopped by the Broken Arm boutique in the north Marais, where his entire spring collection landed just the day before. The shopgirl was wearing this dress, and I knew immediately that I had to own it. I love the drop waist and drop shoulders, but also the navy windowpane check. And it's done in a lightweight suiting fabric that will work in the summer, but also with tights in the winter.
2. "Cindemann" jacket in lemon curry, $178 at Trademark: I've always wanted a yellow slicker, and this one (shown in green) from new line Trademark looks pretty perfect.
3. Mini "Tambour" bag in red, €287 at TL-180: All I want is a red circle bag, and weirdly they are extremely difficult to find. I might have to order this one from the Rome-based label.
4. "Etroit Court" jeans, $200 at APC: I bought these in stone washed and unwashed, because they are the perfect length and have just a little bit of stretch. (Also, they make me look skinny.)
5. Woman by Common Projects "Original Achilles" low sneaker, $405 at La Garconne: A great alternative to Stan Smiths.