Beauty Blitz is hiring interns for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014. We are looking for sharp, motivated journalism and graphic design students who must have a strong passion for the beauty industry and digital media, as well a prior experience in the editorial world (such as relevant internships and/or school publication experience). We are looking for individuals who have exceptional taste. And if your style has an edge, your attitude doesn't. Our internship offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of beauty editorial and digital media. Candidates must be able to gracefully juggle multiple tasks have have a focused eye for detail.
Editorial Intern Responsibilities:
• Assisting editors in identifying emerging beauty trends and sourcing products for stories
• Conducting reporting for features
• Writing and producing content
• Contacting public relations and marketing contacts to obtain products and images for stories
• Participating in ideas meetings to discuss Beauty Blitz’s editorial calendar
• Helping with day-to-day Beauty Blitz operations and administrative duties
• Assisting with social media, including Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
• Strong writing skills a must.
If interested, please email your resume and at least three relevant published clips to email@example.com.
Graphic Design Intern Responsibilities:
• Working with the editorial team to prep still life and portrait photo shoots
• Styling and photographing products for layouts
• Helping with post-production and layout design in Photoshop
• Participating in team meetings to help shape BeautyBlitz’s editorial calendar
• Evaluating the visual landscape of other media brands
• Assisting with social media, including Pinterest , Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
• Interested in beauty, style, typography, branding and digital media
If interested, please email your resume and at least three relevant design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT BEAUTY BLITZ MEDIA
Beauty Blitz Media, LLC, the publisher of BeautyBlitz.com, was founded by veteran beauty editor Polly Blitzer in 2008. Beauty Blitz has been recognized as a definitive authority for trend-setting beauty influencers between the ages of 18 and 45. The multi-media brand, named "the beauty insider's insider" by The New York Times, covers makeup, haircare, nails, fragrance and skincare in the context of fashion and pop culture with a decidedly behind-the-scenes perspective.
Opportunity to get college course credit. $1,000 stipend upon successful completion.